- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 3 whole Large Eggs
- 2 cups Sugar
- ¾ cups Vegetable Oil
- ¾ cups Buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Grated Carrot
- 1 can (8 Oz. Can) Crushed Pineapple, Drained
- 3-½ ounces, weight Flaked Coconut
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans
- ½ cups Sugar
- ¾ teaspoons Baking Soda
- ¼ cups Buttermilk
- ¼ cups Butter Or Margarine
- ½ Tablespoons Light Corn Syrup
- ½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- ¾ cups Butter Or Margarine, Softened
- 11 ounces, weight Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 cups Sifted Powdered Sugar
- 1-½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line two 8-inch (or 9-inch) round cakepans with waxed paper. Lightly grease and flour the waxed paper. Set pans aside.
Stir together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
Beat eggs, sugar, oil, buttermilk, and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the flour mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Fold in grated carrot, pineapple, coconut, and pecans. Pour batter into prepared cake pans.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center come out clean. Drizzle Buttermilk Glaze evenly over layers; cool in pans on wire racks for 15 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks. Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on the top and sides of cake.
Bring sugar, baking soda, buttermilk, butter or margarine, and light corn syrup to a boil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Boil, stirring often, for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth.