2 pounds boneless chicken breast, very thinly pounded
1 1/2 cups unseasoned bread crumbs
1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
fresh ground pepper and sea salt
3–4 lemons, halved
Good quality mustard (optional)
1. Combine eggs, mustard, garlic and pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken and mix until the chicken is completely coated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
2. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, mix together the unseasoned bread crumbs and panko bread crumbs. Season with fresh ground pepper and sea salt.
3. Dredge chicken breasts in bread crumbs, patting slightly to help them stick.
4. Pour oil into a medium skillet to about 1 1/2 inches high. Heat oil on high heat until very hot and add chicken breasts, adding just two to three at a time (depending on their size). Do not overcrowd them in the pan. Reduce heat to medium and fry until golden brown on each side and chicken is completely cooked through. Repeat with remaining chicken.
5. Remove chicken from pan with a slotted spoon and place on a serving plate lined with paper towels, until all chicken is fried.
6. Serve immediately with a lemon half and mustard.