- 350g of spaghetti
- 400g of mushrooms, roughly chopped ( a mix of button and swiss brown mushrooms )
- juice and zest of 1 very large lemon or 2 small
- 200g of baby spinach
- 6 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- approximately 1 tbsp of fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 50g of parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook the pasta according to the packet directions, and while the pasta is cooking assemble the sauce.
- Combine the mushrooms, spring onions, garlic, lemon zest and juice, olive oil and thyme leaves in the food processor and process until it forms a rough paste.
- Drain the pasta and top with the sauce and baby spinach and mix through. Cover with a lid and set aside for a few minutes to let the spinach wilt.
- Serve topped with extra parmesan and additional thyme leaves.