- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 TBS ground cumin
- 1/2 cup finely ground parmesan
- 2lb. fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup spring onions, chopped
- 1 cup full fat organic yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 2 TBS ghee or butter
- creme fraiche for garnish
- Wash the spinach and place in a large pot over medium heat. Cook until wilted, then drain in a colander. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine the almond flour, salt, baking soda and cumin. In a separate bowl mix together the parmesan, yogurt, eggs and chopped onion. Then add to the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Place spinach into a kitchen towel and squeeze out as much water as you can. Then chop the spinach and add it to the batter.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, add the ghee/butter. Drop a spoonful of batter into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes then flip to cook the other side (your pan should hold 4 small cakes). Repeat until all the batter has been used.
- Allow cakes to cool slightly then top with a dollop of creme fraiche.